What am I talking about?

In a time where everyone is saying black lives, and blue lives, or all lives matter, I can only think of one life that matters to me, travel life. Don’t worry, this will not be some political blog and I am not taking a stand against or for anything, except traveling, because I believe traveling gives perspective, patience, experience and consideration which could erase a lot of the hate that is currently at boiling point here in the States.

I have been lucky to have some amazing travel experiences, my most recent trip took me to Thailand, The Land of Smiles, and it truly was. I smiled a lot, mainly because everything was so cheap. It had been 6 years since I’d left the country and being there made me sick…I caught the travel bug and it has burrowed its way into my soul.

So! It’s time to get back out there to seek and explore the beauty of the world. I have decided to spend one year, or how ever far my money can take me, out in the world. I will start in Lisbon and end somewhere in Mexico. I decided to start this blog for two reasons, one, so my friends and family won’t be too worried about me in places where wi-fi is lacking, and two, I hope to inspire through my experiences, photos and anecdotes.

I have seven months before I start my trip around the world (RTW). My departure date is June 5, 2017. So, stay tuned for planning strategies, travel equipment ideas, fears, doubts, and excitement.

6 comments on “What am I talking about?

1. Jennifer B. says:

Awesome! I can not wait to live vicariously through you!! And hopefully one day I will be able to join your adventure! I don’t know why but I am getting emotional! I am just happy and excited for you…let the journey begin!

2. Brandee says:

Knowing that you are a travel novice I am so excited to follow you on this journey! Bon voyage 😘

3. Robin LC says:

I love travel and exploration. I love the fresh and deep thoughts on travel and how it can shape us into the people we should be! I can’t wait to hear more about the places she travels and the experiences she has!

4. Karen B says:

So excited for you!!!! Can’t wait to follow your adventures!!!

5. Shana says:

I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to experience this trip! You inspire me and I’m sure so many others with your passion and love for traveling. And as I write this at 8am on a Saturday, while two babies are in my face and climbing on me, I can only think, “I can’t wait to escape with you.” Lol, see you in Greece!!

6. Paulina says:

I am pretty sure this is going to be my new favorite website with all your stories!! I hope to meet you randomly in one of your destinations.