What am I talking about?

In a time where everyone is saying black lives, and blue lives, or all lives matter, I can only think of one life that matters to me, travel life. Don’t worry, this will not be some political blog and I am not taking a stand against or for anything, except traveling, because I believe traveling gives perspective, patience, experience and consideration which could erase a lot of the hate that is currently at boiling point here in the States.

I have been lucky to have some amazing travel experiences, my most recent trip took me to Thailand, The Land of Smiles, and it truly was. I smiled a lot, mainly because everything was so cheap. It had been 6 years since I’d left the country and being there made me sick…I caught the travel bug and it has burrowed its way into my soul.

cropped-img_1942.jpg

So! It’s time to get back out there to seek and explore the beauty of the world. I have decided to spend one year, or how ever far my money can take me, out in the world. I will start in Lisbon and end somewhere in Mexico. I decided to start this blog for two reasons, one, so my friends and family won’t be too worried about me in places where wi-fi is lacking, and two, I hope to inspire through my experiences, photos and anecdotes.

I have seven months before I start my trip around the world (RTW). My departure date is June 5, 2017. So, stay tuned for planning strategies, travel equipment ideas, fears, doubts, and excitement.

6 comments on “What am I talking about?

1. Jennifer B. says:

Awesome! I can not wait to live vicariously through you!! And hopefully one day I will be able to join your adventure! I don’t know why but I am getting emotional! I am just happy and excited for you…let the journey begin!

2. Brandee says:

Knowing that you are a travel novice I am so excited to follow you on this journey! Bon voyage 😘

3. Robin LC says:

I love travel and exploration. I love the fresh and deep thoughts on travel and how it can shape us into the people we should be! I can’t wait to hear more about the places she travels and the experiences she has!

4. Karen B says:

So excited for you!!!! Can’t wait to follow your adventures!!!

5. Shana says:

I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to experience this trip! You inspire me and I’m sure so many others with your passion and love for traveling. And as I write this at 8am on a Saturday, while two babies are in my face and climbing on me, I can only think, “I can’t wait to escape with you.” Lol, see you in Greece!!

6. Paulina says:

I am pretty sure this is going to be my new favorite website with all your stories!! I hope to meet you randomly in one of your destinations.